Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pros and Cons

In elementary school, one of our writing assignments was an "And Then" story, where something good alternated with something bad (ie, "and then I got an ice cream cone! But then it fell on the ground. And then a cute puppy came over and licked it up! But then it turns out puppies can't eat chocolate and it was a chocolate ice cream cone so it died." I was not exactly a charming child).

So here is my list version of an "and then" story:

1. I don't know anything about corporations! BUT my exam will be over tomorrow at this time.

2. I don't know when my health insurance is stopping and it's annoying to play phone tag with the people who should know but don't and getting new insurance is going to cost about $200 a month through August, and it won't include dental care (see yesterday's entry: what if my toothache is not stress-related and I need another root canal like last year?). BUT I have resources to earn/borrow enough money for everything and I'll have health care through my job until September 2011.

3. It is 18 degrees outside and we are going to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight...perfect weather for walking to my exam at 7:15 tomorrow morning. BUT I don't have to go outside for anything today and I have plenty of warm clothing and blankets and snow is pretty.

4. I have 2 more papers to grade today and 19 more tomorrow. BUT they are going quickly, I gave the first perfect score of the semester, and this job had a lot of financial and educational benefits.

5. I don't know what I'm doing for New Year's yet. BUT I will spend it in DC, with friends, and that will be awesome.

No comments: