Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fun Facts I've Learned This Week

1. Baha'i is the first monotheistic religion to have promoted monogamy from its inception.

2. The Icelandic word for computer derives from its words for "number prophetess."

3. Historicproperties.com is a great procrastination tool.

4. You need 1 recommender for a citibank grad school loan but two for federal gradplus loans.

5. There is a breed of dog called the Polish Lowland Sheepdog and it is SO CUTE. It's like a 40-lb old english sheepdog and it doesn't shed! I know that "they're so cute" is not the way to choose a pet and that for me, it's most important to get a dog who can be left alone while I'm at work, regardless of breed....but I'm thinking of putting myself on a breed rescue waiting list next year. Not a lot of them come up for adoption (I'm not really interested in buying a purebred dog and couldn't afford it anyway) so who knows when/if I'd get one.

1 comment:

Sarah-the-Yente said...

My boss has that kind of dog! She says that she's great (and I've met her, she is a super cute and great dog), but that the one drawback is that she looks so snuggly but she HATES being cuddled. Might be a one-dog quirk, though.