Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rituals

1. I generally turn my cell phone off at night before I go to sleep, but only if my roommate is home (because what if she needs to call me? Or what if something scares me and I need to call someone?)

2. I am on two email lists that send out daily messages around midnight. One of them I never read before I go to sleep--it stays in my inbox and I read it in the morning.

3. Specific prayers as I'm turning off my light at night and when I wake up in the morning.

4. Calling my grandmother every week on the walk home from religious school.

5. Putting any change I have at the end of the day into a big cup--when it's full I'm going to donate it (did you know if you donate your change the coin-counting machines at the grocery store and stuff don't charge you a fee?).

No comments: